Paint the 'Ville Teal, January 2018
The Crawford Crew Foundation (TCC) is honored the City of Westerville is supporting our mission to raise awareness and education for Cervical Cancer. Through our local, volunteer-based foundation, we support patient assistance, education, research and school and community outreach programs. We hope you will join us in our January 2018 “Paint the ‘Ville Teal” initiative, in conjunction with National Cervical Cancer Awareness month.
Raise Awareness and Community Outreach
- The City of Westerville has granted TCC permission to hang our Cervical Cancer Awareness banner across State Street in Uptown Westerville in January.
- Our volunteers and supporters will “Paint the ‘Ville Teal” by tying teal ribbons on light poles and trees lining State Street the first week of January 2018 and will remove them by February 1, 2018.
- Otterbein University will also be “Painted Teal” during the month of January to extend our message across the campus and to the student body.
- While we are hanging ribbons, we will also drop off educational materials with the merchants to display for patrons if they so choose.
- We will have conversations with local media and discuss our plans with them while also asking for them to share our mission with the community.
- TCC will promote on message on our social media channels and we encourage the City of Westerville, business owners, and all our supporters to do so as well.
- In addition to our long-standing force of volunteers, TCC will be engaging our Junior Board (local students of high school to college ages) and will work with Otterbein University students (specifically within the Health & Sport Science Department) for our ribbon and message canvasing.
- We are reaching out to businesses, civic organizations, the schools and local government to help expand our reach and to share our mission with as many people as possible.
- Use your voice to help us share our mission and Wear teal in January
- Join our online community – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & visit our website to sign-up for our emails.
- Sponsor, Donate & Attend Raise A Racket – 1/20/18
- Promote “Paint the ‘Ville Teal” in your place of business – set-up a special donation basket
- Be a “Paint the ‘Ville Teal” Sponsor
- Connect us with your favorite people so we can broaden our reach
Diane Crawford survived cervical cancer in 2009 thanks to early detection and the quick work of her doctors. She founded The Crawford Crew (TCC) less than three months after being diagnosed. Now cancer free, Diane and The Crawford Crew are determined to make a difference.
The Crawford Crew Foundation is Proud to Partner with:
Appalachia Community Cancer Network, Hope Hollow, The James - The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Mount Carmel Nursing Program, and Otterbein University Health & Sport Science Department.
The Crawford Crew Foundation is a Section 501(c)(3) organization. EIN #46-1211526.